POLY English Vietnam is a part of KOREAPOLYSCHOOL (KPS) – a multinational educational organisation and the leading educational provider in Korea since 1999.
Founded over two decades with over 60 campuses, 2,500 team members and 37,000 students across Korea and Vietnam. Leading the Vietnam Step Up English program expansion as a ‘Young Learner’ EFL School.
Throughout our 20 year journey of excellence in ‘learner centric’ English education, we take great pride in the fact that innovation and technology lie at the very heart of our programs.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Academic R&D General Manager to oversee POLY English’s academic product development and admin teams. This position will require a local Vietnamese candidate who will be responsible for leading a R&D product team, which develops, improves and maintains POLY’s young learner EFL materials and resources to meet the needs of our students and organizational objectives. The job also entails managing the administration team, which uses our internal Learning Management Systems in order to efficiently operate, maintain and analyze our courses. This position requires a strong background in EFL content design, leadership, and project and systems management and will report to an expat Academic Director.
1. Product Development
- Develop and execute a strategic vision for the research and development of POLY’s academic program, under the guidance of the Academic Director.
- Recruit and effectively manage a team of skilled academic product developers and technicians, with the expertise to develop high-quality educational materials
- Manage the development process from conceptualization to implementation, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to a high standard of quality
- Conduct ongoing evaluations and assessments of the effectiveness of current academic materials, and make recommendations for improvements and modifications as necessary
- Conduct research and stay current on pedagogical and market trends, including competitor analysis, needs assessments, and data analysis
2. Course Administration
- Recruit and effectively manage a team of skilled administration officers with the expertise to maintain and improve administration systems and processes
- Ensure all POLY courses and products have teaching and learning schedules for classroom and online learning whilst meeting internally approved timescales.
- Oversee the maintenance and contribute to improvements in POLY’s learning management systems and other educational technology tools
- Develop and implement administrative and systems management processes to support POLY’s academic projects and business development goals, including project management tools, workflows, and reporting systems
3. Internal Collaboration
- Support with internal staff training, when required, on academic products, updates, knowledge transfer or general ‘staff development’ topics
- Solve academic related help-desk tickets and issues to ensure each center can deliver POLY programs effectively
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing, Center managers, Academic managers, IT, HR and other internal stakeholders to support POLY’s business goals
- Maintain relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including Head Office teams in Vietnam and Korea
- Masters in TESOL, education, curriculum development or related field
- Undergraduate degree in English or related field
- TESOL or TEFL qualification with at least 6 hours in-class practicum element (desirable)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in young learner EFL curriculum, product research and design and development
- Minimum 5 years of experience in EFL education, including at least 500 hours of classroom teaching for Young Learners
- At least 1 year of experience in leading and managing a team of teachers, developers or administrators within the EFL field
- Local Vietnamese candidate with excellent communication skills in English and Vietnamese and the ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of cross-cultural and cross-functional stakeholders across levels of seniority
- Demonstrated project management ability including supervising budgets, timelines, and resources for complex projects
- Experience in working with and managing learning management systems and educational technology tools including data analysis
- Flexible attitude and willingness to quickly adjust tasks and work-flows according to company needs
- Passion for education and a demonstrable understanding and commitment to POLY’s values and advancing the company’s mission
- Competitive salary in line with experience and capability.
- Social, Health & Unemployment Insurance
- Premium Healthcare Insurance
- Performance bonuses
- Professional Development Programs
- Company trip/Team building
WORKING SCHEDULE: 43 hours/ week (Mon-Fri)